Testimonials | Construction
- Client: National Institutes of Health
- Project: Hvac System Retrofit
- Industry: Research Labs
- "As you are aware, a crises ensued at Building 41 last Tuesday when NIH shut down the high-pressure steam system in the penthouse to relieve the pressure in the condensate return system so that you could install the isolation valve on the condensate return at AC-2. When we attempted to re-open the high-pressure steam isolation valve, the gate failed to lift, leaving us without high-pressure steam for the autoclaves and cage wash in the building. The loss of steam to this lab equipment would have had a great impact on the research being performed in the building. The R.M. Thornton crew, as usual, did an extremely professional job, coordinated closely with the NIH staff, and worked to ensure that the job was performed as quickly as possible to minimize the impact on the building occupants. It is always great fun to watch a crew who know exactly what they are doing take on a task and get the job done with the highest quality."
- David M. Carroll
- ORF/DPM/FOB/TST - contractor
- Client: Sibley Memorial Hospital
- Project: Sprinkler/Fire Protection
- Industry: Hospitals
- "I am writing to express my appreciation to R.M. Thornton for the excellent work that is being accomplished installing the fire suppression sprinklers at Sibley Memorial Hospital. Your employees have done an outstanding job installing this system in an occupied hospital. Most recently, we have just completed the installation of the sprinklers on our 5-West clinical unit. The project was extremely well thought out and accomplished during a seven-day period. We consider ourselves most fortunate to work with a company of R.M. Thornton's caliber. Nearly all of your projects are accomplished on time and within budget. Your employees are courteous and mindful of the environment in which they operate."
- Jerry Price
- Executive Vice President and Chief Operating Officer Sibley Memorial Hospital
- Client: Department of the Army
- Chiller & Cooling Tower Installations
- Industry: Government
- "This contractor performed in a professional manner in every area of this project and was a great help to the Corp (of Engineers). The professionalism of their employees was evident—from laborer to supervisor. The quality of their work was exceptional and completed in a timely manner with regard for safety. (In addition) the relationship they had with school officials was good, which is vital to a project of any size."
- Dennis Pritchett
- Area Engineer, Central Washington Area Office U.S. Army Corp of Engineers
- Client: Biscayne Contractors, Inc.
- Project: Plumbing/Waste/Vent/Domestic Water
- Industry: Office Buildings
- "The enclosed evaluation form is completed by our field superintendent at the completion of work for each subcontractor. It is apparent, from the evaluator's comments, that your company is a quality organization. We value our relationship with your company and look forward to a continued partnership. Thank you for a job well done."
- Frank Zawitoski
- Vice President, Biscayne Contractors, Inc.
Project: Air Filtration
Just a quick note to say thank you for all of your efferts leading up to tomorrows lift. The cooperation and coordination received from both of you have been outstanding and very much appreciated, not only by NTVI but by me as well. The level of professionalism and "get it done" attitude displayed by both of you have no doubt helped move this project in a positive direction. Please pass along my sincere thanks to your staff and subcontractors respectively. I look forward to the successful completion of this project and to future projects that I am sure we will be working on.
Respectfully, Joseph McCampbell
Northern Taiga Ventures, Inc.
©2009 R.M. Thornton, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
120 West Hampton Ave, Capitol Heights, MD 20743
P 301.350.5000 F 301.499.3609
Service & Maintenance
- Plumbing / Waste / Vent / Water
- Sheetmetal / Ductwork Installations
- Sprinkler / Repair
- Boiler Installations
- Air Conditioning
- Preventative Maintenance
- Liebert Factory Authorized
- Ventilation Systems
- Heating Systems
- Boiler Service
- System Replacements
- Energy Efficiency Upgrades
- Pump Repairs and Retrofits
- Rooftop Units
- Control Valve Retrofit
- System Capacity Upgrades
- Control System Add-ons